trash & recycling
Updated November 18, 2013
Minerva Park runs a trash and recycling program via Rumpke, with collection on most Mondays. Here are some guidelines.
- Have your trash out by 7:30a on Mondays (except for the holiday exceptions). Pick up your empty containers that afternoon or evening.
- Large rolling trash and recycling containers are available for a rental fee. Contact Rumpke to make arrangements.
- Extra recycling bins are available at the Community Building at no additional cost.
When these holidays fall on a Monday, trash will be collected on the following Tuesday:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- New Years Day
- glass (food & beverage containers)
- steel or tin cans, including aerosol cans
- aluminum cans
- paper products, including newspapers, 3rd-class mail, inserts, magazines, brown paper bags
- plastic bottles #1-#7, with lids and/or caps
- white or yellow pages phone books
- aseptic cartons, such as those used for milk, broth, juice, soup, etc.
items that are not acceptable for recycling
- plastic bags
- yard waste
- non-bottle plastic items, such as butter and yogurt tubs, product packaging, etc.
- cardboard with food and/or grease stains (i.e., pizza boxes)
- window glass or drinking glasses
Visit Rumpke's website to learn about its recycling policy.
Rumpke cannot collect hazardous items, including batteries, tires, or toxic, corrosive, or combustible materials. For help with disposing of hazardous materials, contact the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) at 614.294.1300.
Waste generated from yard work, gardening, and landscaping is acceptable if properly contained. Please place yard waste in paper bags sold for this purpose OR in a dedicated rigid container clearly marked “Yard Waste Only.”
- Each bag, bundle, or container should weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Branches should be tied in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length.
- Please do not use plastic bags for yard waste.
- Plastic pots/bags, rocks, food waste, and dirt are not accepted as yard waste.
Please contact Rumpke in advance before setting out large, bulky items such as carpet, furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc. Each household may place out one bulky item per week at no additional charge.