Minerva Park Community Association
2016 "Duck Award"
May 30, 2016
Your Community Association is pleased to announce it has selected MPCA President Dani Wolf as recipient of the 2016 Citizen of the Year Award, affectionately referred to as the “Duck Award.” It honors a resident or group of residents who have made the greatest contribution to improving the quality of life in Minerva Park. In addition to their name(s) being added to a plaque that hangs in the Community Building, MPCA also presents them with a plaque to have in their home.
Dani has shown great leadership to the MPCA, especially in the planning and implementation for Minerva Park’s 75th Anniversary.
One of the greatest concerns we heard from residents at the well-attended election meeting (where Dani was chosen for the position of President) was communication. She answered this call by establishing and maintaining a website exclusive to the MPCA, which plays into another one of our goals to be separate but supportive of the Village government.
Dani has been a good steward of the community. In addition to keeping the residents informed, the website can be the “first look” prospective residents get into the close-knit, involved community we are, making MP the great place it is to live and raise a family.
She has a vision for our future. On the website, residents can sign up for our various events (like the Christmas Carriage Rides) and soon will be able to purchase their MPCA memberships there. This will morph eventually to a real-time master resident list and simplify the whole Membership Drive and Christmas Carriage Ride registration processes.
With her knowledge of technology, she is bringing the organization into the 21st century by streamlining the way we go about our business - on-line tax filing, setting-up electronic banking and the use of auto pay for immediate reimbursement to volunteers organizing our events, in addition to the interactive website.
Dani came into this without much of a framework to go by. She created a President’s to-do list so successors will have a blueprint to work from. (A working document for sure!)
She has also done a stellar job of bringing “new blood” to the organization and adding many new volunteers, vital to the continuing success of your MP Community Association. Join today for a contribution of only $20 annually.
Congratulations, Dani, and thank you!
2016 Nancy Fisher Scholarship
May 30, 2016
Your MP Community Association is pleased to announce that Connor D. Guarino of Park Lane Dr. is the recipient of the 2016 Nancy Fisher Scholarship. A MP resident for 11 years, Connor is a 2016 graduate of Metro Early College High School. While maintaining a 4.0 GPA, Connor participated in the Metrobotics team, Student Government, and internships with Battelle Memorial Institute and The Ohio State University Department of Welding/Engineering. Connor will be attending Ohio State’s College of Engineering this coming year. Congratulations, Connor, and good luck on your future endeavors!
The MPCA is a civic organization, created to ...
- protect the parklands and waters from adverse activities and pollution.
- increase, whenever possible, the pride in our nation and community through active civic participation with our neighbors.
- provide financial support for Minerva Park community activities.
- function cooperatively with the Minerva Park Village Council and other community organizations.
Membership is open to all MP residents, and the dues are only $20 annually (pay your dues by contacting the Membership & Dues Chairperson). There are no initiation fees or lifetime memberships.
Monthly meetings are held the Wednesday following the 2nd Monday. Residents are invited and encouraged to attend.
As always, we need many resident volunteers to help the Community Association thrive. If you will volunteer, please contact the :
- President - Dani Wolf
- Vice President - Donna Kopecky
- Secretary - Jean McCall
- Treasurer - Dick Busick
- Christmas Carriage Rides - Lynn Eisentrout
- Children's Activities - Glenda Morris
- Fundraising - Russell Dobbins
- Garage Sale - Dani Wolf
- Green Team - Russell Dobbins
- Membership & Dues - Sid Townsend
- MinervaFlora - Bob Gale
- Resident Directory - Sharon Bierman
- Newcomers - Anna Johnston
- Northland Community Council Representatives - Bob Gale
- Publicity - Dani Wolf
- Sunshine - Bob Gale
- Villager - Sharon Bierman
- Volunteer Coordinator - Bonnie Townsend
The contact information for these board members can be found in your Resident Directory.
MPCA Annual Events
Your Community Association sponsors several events and programs throughout the year, to enhance the quality of life in Minerva Park. If you will volunteer to help with any of these activities, please contact the .
- Garden Awards - Dedicated to a different season each year, the Garden Award honors a particularly beautiful garden. Their name(s) are added to the plaque at the Community Building.
- Garden Tour - As part of the Founders Day celebration, a summer garden tour provides an opportunity for residents to see how others have decorated their outdoor spaces and learn tips & tricks for making their own landscaping more appealing.
- Outstanding Citizen Award - The "Duck Award" honors a resident or group of residents who have made the greatest contribution to improving the quality of life in Minerva Park. Their name(s) are added to the plaque at the Community Building.
- Annual Garage Sale - This is the largest fundraising event for the MPCA throughout the year. With collective advertising, easy-to-follow maps, and food provided by the EMS, this has become a popular event.
- Newcomers - The local "welcome wagon" helps residents feel comfortable when moving in and provides a resident directory & other documents to help newcomers get acclimated to their new neighborhood.
- Village Clean-ups - Picking up brush or raking ... each contributes to a more lovely village.
- Lake Clean-ups - In the spring and fall, the lakes need particular attention.
- Sunshine - We acknowledge illnesses and passings that are made known to us.
- Halloween Party - Ghosts and goblins delight young and old.
- Easter Egg Hunt - Ready, set, go! You'd be surprised how many candy-filled eggs those kids can grab.
- Founders Day - In lieu of a Fourth of July celebration, this neighborhood pot luck offers residents an opportunity for fellowship.
- Children's Christmas Party - Children enjoy this fun time to create a holiday craft, decorate cookes, sing carols, and give Santa their wish lists.
- Scholarship - The Nancy Fisher Memorial Scholarship annually awards two scholarships to deserving Minerva Park graduates.
- Monthly "Villager" Newsletter - The newsletter keeps residents up-to-date and provides advertising opportunities for local vendors.
- Annual Resident Directory - This booklet provides the latest in neighborhood phone numbers and services.
- Festival of Lights - Categories include the Best ... Outdoor Tree, Entrance Way, Religious Theme, Whimsical Display, and Outline Effect. Winners who are MPCA members will receive gift certificates from a local hardware store or nursery. Non-MPCA winners will be offered a free membership to the MP Community Association for the following membership year.
- Meet the Candidates - Held in October, this is the residents' opportunity to review credentials and discuss issues.
If you will volunteer to help with any of these activities, please contact the .