Mayor Lynn Eisentrout has lived in Minerva Park for more than 33 years and has raised two daughters here. Because Minerva Park provided a great family environment to raise her daughters, she shares residents’ concerns about our safety and future.
Subject to offsite meetings, the Mayor's usual office hours are ...
Monday - 8a to 5p
Tuesday - 4p to 6p
Wednesday & Friday - 8a to 12:30p
Thursday evenings - by appointment
1 Saturday morning per month
Mayor Eisentrout, the first woman mayor of Minerva Park, took office on January 1, 2004. With her expanded office hours, she is an approachable and available mayor and manages the Village with a business-like approach. She encourages everyone to work together as a team and disseminates information to the residents on a regular basis. She has instituted regular staff meetings, improved internal communication. She is truly an advocate for the Village.
"A leader is as good as the people she works with, and we have good people working here in Minerva Park. Residents continue to voice concerns that the neighborhood is changing, and the next several years are critical to MP's future. Funding is of primary importance." We must work diligently to maintain this "peaceful oasis," and it will take a lot of hard work and commitment to address the important issues looming before us. Our challenges include ...
- Sound fiscal policy
- Streets, Zoning, Golf course, Pool, Dam
- Administrative - Improve communication
- Enhance information to the residents via the Villager, periodic town meetings, expanded daily office hours (including evening & Saturday), and an official Village website.
- Bring the staff together & coordinate efforts among all departments for a common goal.
- Neighborhood Services
- Trash hauling & leaf pick-up, snow removal, mosquito spraying, street sweeping
- The EMS & Police face new challenges with increased urbanization on our borders. They need our continued and renewed support.
years in review
In addition to monthly reports presented in the "Villager," Mayor Eisentrout has requested that the various Village departments provide an annual wrap-up. Here are summaries during her leadership:
the mayor's background
- Graduated from Ohio Dominican College with a General Studies degree in Political Science and Biology.
- Who's Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities.
- Northland InterCivic Exchange Committee - Member - Mission is to focus on information and idea sharing among NCC's member associations and groups.
- Council of Government for the Regional Income Tax Agency - 6 yrs as Member & 2nd yr as Secretary
- Ohio Mayor's Association - 2nd yr as Representative of District 16 (Fayette, Franklin, Madison, Pickaway Counties)
- Village website - established September 2004
- Minerva Park Council - 7 yr (3 as president) -
Finance, Legislative, Safety, Service, Street & Community Committees
- Grant Coordinator for the pool renovation project - Procured $48,750 through the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for the 1st pool renovation project totaling $65,000
- Modernized & expanded MP’s police force
- Established funding for MP’s law enforcement
- Continued funding for MP’s EMS via a Blendon Township contract
- Honored by the Ohio Senate & House of Representatives and by the City of Columbus for continuing service to the Village of Minerva Park - 1999
- MP Community Association (MPCA) Board member - 13 years (3 as president)
- MPCA Citizen of the Year (a/k/a "Duck Award") - 1992, 2002
- Founders Day Co-Originator & Organizer - 10 yrs
- Christmas Carriage Ride Originator & Organizer - 9 yrs
- MP Fourth of July parades Organizer - 7 yrs
- MP Civic Association - 17 yr (2 as president) - Helped rewrite the bylaws & transition the Civic Association to its present-day Community Association
- Blendon Township & Cemetery administration - 2 yr
- Northland Community Council Development Commission - Zoning 13 yr & Board 11 yr
- Solid Waste Management Authority of Franklin County - 2 yr
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Comm - 2 yr
- St. Ann's Westerville, Blendon, Minerva Park joint Hospital District - Vice President & Board member
- Paralegal & Notary Public