The Minerva Park Council consists of 6 members, one of whom is appointed by them as president. Each chairs a committee and serves on two other committees. The committee duties are as follows ...
- Recreation programs & playgrounds.
- Care of Village lands (mowing, tree trimming, planting, etc.)
- Maintenance of lakes & lake areas.
- Care of trees on Village property other than street rights-of-way.
- Celebrations and special days, such as Founders day, Fourth of July, etc.
- MP Community Association liaison
- Monitor revenue and disbursements in the various Village funds.
- Draft and finalize the tax budget and annual appropriation in coordination with the mayor and the Village treasurer.
- Make recommendations for raising new revenues when required and preparation of required legislation.
- Review with the mayor the financial status of the Village at least once each quarter.
- Research, draft, and finalize ordinances and resolutions.
- Review proposed draft ordinances and resolutions submitted by other committees and/or the mayor for content, legality, enforceability and need with the advice assistance of the Village law director.
- Consult with the police and emergency squad as to police and emergency squad staffing, operational policies, and training needs.
- Recommend policy for traffic control, speed, parking, including recreational vehicles.
- Report to the mayor any safety and fire hazard conditions.
- Recommend lighting needs throughout the Village area.
- Oversee proper handling of hazardous materials including the collection, storage and disposal of such materials.
- Make recomendations for street repair, construction, maintenance programs, refuse collections, mosquito control, leaf pick-up, snow removal.
- Sanitary sewer, storm sewer, general sanitation.
- Oversee street name signs, safety signs, and markings.
- Maintain trees on street rights of way.